What is the Meaning of Nutraceutical – Nutraceutical may obtain a term that originated from “nutrition” and “pharmaceutics”. The term uses for products that are isolated from herbal products, dietary supplements (nutrients), specific diets, and processed foods like cereals, soups, and beverages that aside from nutrition also are used as medicine. Such functional food products contain various minerals, vitamins, dietary fibers, hydrolyzed proteins, prebiotics, and probiotics which are very helpful within the provision of nutrition to the physical body.
Nutraceutical products are available within the type of sports drinks, dairy products, snacks, and pre-packaged diet meals. These nutraceuticals help in combating a variety of the most health problems of the century like obesity, cardiovascular diseases, cancer, osteoporosis, arthritis, diabetes, cholesterol, etc. On whole, ‘nutraceutical’ has produced a new era of medication and health, while the food industry has grown into a specialized-oriented division.
Functional foods are another kind of nutraceutical product. Instead of using a dietary complement, operative foods are improved with nutrients and eaten frequently. The two categories of useful foods are prepared food and fermented foods. Some examples involve foods supplemented with vitamins, minerals, probiotics, or fiber. Nutrient-rich ingredients like fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and grains are often considered functional foods also.
Table of Contents
Top Nutraceutical Products:
- Liquid Prenatal Vitamins
- Vitamin D3
- Garcinia Cambogia
- Raspberry Ketones
- Green Tea Supplements
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- Alpha-lipoic Acid
- Vitamin B12
Functional foods are frequently classified into two categories: conventional and modified. Common foods are straightforward, whole-food components that are plentiful in essential nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and heart-healthy fats. Meanwhile, mitigated foods are supplemented with added ingredients, such as vitamins, minerals, probiotics, or fiber, to increase a food’s health compensations.
- prevent nutrient deficiencies
- protect against disease
- promote proper growth and development
Therefore, nutraceuticals could also be wont to improve health, prevent chronic diseases, postpone the aging process, and successively increase anticipation, or simply support the functions and integrity of the body. These products are considered to be healthy sources for the prevention of life-threatening diseases like diabetes, renal and gastrointestinal disorders, also as different infections.
Here are some samples of conventional functional foods:
- Fruits: berries, kiwi, pears, peaches, apples, oranges, bananas
- Vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower, kale, spinach, zucchini
- Nuts: almonds, cashews, pistachios, macadamia nuts, Brazil nuts
- Seeds: chia roots, flax roots, hemp roots, pumpkin seeds
- Legumes: black beans, chickpeas, navy beans, lentils
- Whole grains: oats, barley, buckwheat, rice, couscous
- Seafood: salmon, sardines, anchovies, mackerel, cod
- Fermented foods: tempeh, kombucha, kimchi, kefir, sauerkraut
- Herbs and spices: turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, cayenne pepper
- Beverages: coffee, green tea, black tea
Here are some samples of modified functional foods:
- Fortified dairy products, such as milk and yogurt
- Fortified milk options, such as almond, rice, coconut, and cashew milk
- Grains, such as bread and pasta
- Fortified cereal and granola
- Fortified eggs
Medical food provides to be use or control happily. Under the supervision of a professional physician. Its use is dietary management of a disease or condition that distinctive nutritional requirements established by the medical evaluation and supported recognized scientific principles.
Nutraceuticals Products Market Segmentation:
- Probiotics Fortified Food
- Omega carboxylic acid Fortified Food
- Branded Ionized Salt
- Branded flour Market
- Other Functional Food
- Fruit & Vegetable Juices and Drinks
- Dairy & Dairy Alternative Drinks
- Noncarbonated Drinks
- Proteins & Peptides
- Vitamins & Minerals
Future articles during this short series are going to be reviewing the scientific and medical claims concerning nutraceuticals that don’t fall under the higher known and well-researched categories like vitamins, amino acids, and herbal remedies. Most products review is present biochemicals that are effectively getting used to supplement endogenous levels of those constituents that occur naturally in human metabolism, whether single component products like glucosamine, or more complex products like proanthocyanidin.